Academic Coaching with Pat
Academic Coaching with Pat
License, Certification, and Education
Pat has had training as a Teacher, Tutor, and Academic Coach. She has a California Single Subject Teaching Credential (currently inactive). She also has worked 20 years as Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (CA #24003). Pat’s interest in the best ways for students to learn comes from her training as a Board Certified Neurofeedback Practitioner (BCIA Certified).
In addition, Pat has a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology from John F. Kennedy University, as well as a Doctorate in Sociology from the University of Oregon
Advanced Training for Academic Coaching
Pat’s educational preparation for Academic Coaching in Berkeley includes training in stress management, study skills, organizational skills, and life skills.
She is a Board Certified Life Coach, and experience teaching math, chemistry, and physics. She completed training in the Anti-Boring Approach to Powerful Studying in 2016, and Writer Coach Training in 2014.
A few years earlier she completed Parts I, II, and III of David Berg’s Making Math Real program (60 hours). This program is designed to help parents, tutors, and teachers help students make sense of math in the real world. When math makes sense, students really like it.
Pat’s teaching experience includes the following: grades 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and college undergraduate. She has taught secondary math, chemistry, and physics and college psychology, sociology, women’s studies, and writing.
Parents and Families
- Pat has had advanced Training in Developmental Couples Therapy. Developmental training helps parents and family members to listen to each other with curiosity and speak from the heart.
- She also has Advanced Training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). EFT helps families communicate respectfully. It conforms to the gold standard of evidence-based practice as set out by the APA
- Finally, she received advanced Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
Neurofeedback and Counseling
- ISF (Infra-Slow Fluctuation) Neurofeedback Training with Mark Smith
- Basic Neurofeedback Training through EEG Spectrum; Advanced Training Clinical Q and Braindryving (techniques that enhance the effects of neurofeedback)
- Deep Relaxation (alpha-theta) neurofeedback
- Alpha-Synchrony Training and Open Focus for individuals and couples; Certified Open Focus Trainer
- Neurofeedback for Addictions
- Psychotherapy Institute Post-Master’s 2-year Training Program
- Certificate in Strategic Hypnotherapy, 350 hours, Institute for Educational Therapy, Berkeley CA
Pat is a member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT).
Learn more about academic coaching with Pat
Or call or send me an email if you’d like to talk for 10 minutes to find out more about these services.
- Call 510.277.0456
- Email Pat@LaDouceurMFT.com
- Text 510.684.2975.
- Or just click the button below to schedule a time to talk: